The Storytime project

This is my New Year’s resolution. In an effort to spend more quality time with my children I plan to dedicate this year 2010 to the art of the story. Please feel free to comment. All posts are property of the author and may not be published or used for any purpose other than personal use unless written permission has been granted by the author.

Monday, January 25, 2010

General Observations

My oldest is really starting to get excited about the stories. Sometimes it is hard to tell if she is really interested in them or listening to them, but then she will suddenly remember some small detail that will let me know that she did in fact pay attention. For instance, she was looking at the blog page with me and asked me to go back over some of the stories, before I reread them I asked her what she remembered about them and she pointed to the "Ugly Princess," and said that she did not think it was nice of her to throw her shoe at the boy. What a funny part to remember!

She seems genuinely excited when I tell her that I have a new story for her, and she likes that they are written for her and her sister. The illustration for "Sisters" is a painting of two dolls I made for the girls at Christmas that represent them, and she recognised that immediately and was pretty excited that it was her an her sister. Here are some pictures of the dolls.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.