The Storytime project

This is my New Year’s resolution. In an effort to spend more quality time with my children I plan to dedicate this year 2010 to the art of the story. Please feel free to comment. All posts are property of the author and may not be published or used for any purpose other than personal use unless written permission has been granted by the author.

Friday, January 8, 2010

Comments on "The Ugly Princess"

Today was a snow day so we did not have school, so I decided to go ahead and tell the story during the day instead of at bedtime because the girls were bored. I think I should have waited though. Goldie, my oldest seemed very distracted. She was eager to see the picture I painted to go with the story, but was less interested in the actual story. She did listen, but it just did not hold her attention as I would have liked. After I told the story I asked her what she thought and she said that she did not like it, but then she started saying all sorts of unrelated things when I asked her why. Later she told me that she did like the story. I asked her what she liked and she told me that she liked that the Princess changed and became nice. I asked her what she didn't like and she said that the Princess threw her shoe at the boy and it is not nice to throw you shoe at someone. I showed her the blog with both stories and pictures up and I was surprised to find out that she remembered the first story and what it was about. I asked her which story she liked best and she said she liked both stories best. I don't know. It is so hard to tell if she is into this or not. I hope she likes it. I don't want to force it on her. I want it to be something that she looks forward to. I guess only time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.