The Storytime project

This is my New Year’s resolution. In an effort to spend more quality time with my children I plan to dedicate this year 2010 to the art of the story. Please feel free to comment. All posts are property of the author and may not be published or used for any purpose other than personal use unless written permission has been granted by the author.

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Sick Day

You poor thing, you feel so hot. Mama’s here though. I will take good care of you. Tell me what feels bad. It is your tummy, your throat, or your head?

Let’s take your temperature, hold real still. 102.5, my oh my! It’s back to bed with you. There will be no school today. I’ll call the doctor and see what he has to say.

While we wait here is a cool compress for your head. I’ll sing to you while you go back to bed. Sleep now sweet child, you will feel better soon. The doctor can fit you in this afternoon.

When you wake I’ll make you some nice warm broth and a cup of tea to comfort you, mmm, good nourishing food.

It is time to go see the doctor now. Don’t be scared he is here to help you. No shots today, just a look and a test or two to see. I’ll hold you tight while we wait for the results. Time goes so slow when you don’t feel well.

The doctor comes back in a while with the results we have been waiting for. He writes a prescription and off we go to get the medicine that will make you well.

Now it’s home to rest a little more. Mama’s here my love. I will get you what you need to make you comfortable while you recover.

We will stay home one more day, but already you are looking better. You will still have medicine for a few more days, but your sickness will soon go away.

During the night your fever breaks and in the morning when you awake, your color is back and your smile. You are full of energy once more. It’s off to school with you today, time to see all of your friends and play.

3 comments:

  1. Soothing words for a tough time. We went through an illness with both my kids 2 weeks ago. It is so draining. I am so thankful when it is all over and things get back to normal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel enthused at your new resolution. This is so special even if it may seem mundane now. I say this because now I am a grand ma and I did keep some daily journal haphazardly from time to time. Many of them later made into nice short stories. More than that it takes me back to those days like an old photo would do. It's also great practice for the writing hand. Keep up the good work. Dita.

    p.s. Also I like your Montessori bead square from the other site. I'll write about it there. Take care, my friend. All the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanka for sharing.
    would you like to participate in a giveaway festival this month? pop up over my blog, here is the link to my first giveaway.
    http://olivesandpickles.blogspot.com/2012/02/love-paper-dolls-giveaway.html
    Patty

    ReplyDelete

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.